The prize is named after Dick Stufkens, HRSMC scientific director from 1997 to 2001. Stufkens forged new bonds between the participating HRSMC groups and put continuous effort in enhancing the opportunities of the School for its PhD students.
The prize consists of a certificate and 2,000 Euro. These will be awarded during the annual HRSMC symposium where the prize winner is also invited to give a lecture.
How to Qualify
Application for the 2023 Dick Stufkens Prize is open for HRSMC PhD students who successfully defended their PhD thesis in the period from July 1, 2022 to July 1, 2023.
In order to be eligible for the Dick Stufkens Prize, the candidate should have
- obtained the HRSMC PhD certificate; and
- participated with an oral or poster presentation in at least one annual HRSMC symposium.
How to apply?
When the qualifications described above have been fulfilled you can apply for the Dick Stufkens Prize 2023 by sending to the HRSMC office
- five printed copies of your PhD thesis and a pdf;
- a letter of support of your (co)supervisor or any member of your PhD committee;
- a short essay (maximum 3 pages A4) that explains why this particular Ph.D. thesis is so unique.
- a picture of yourself, suitable for publication
Please notify the HRSMC Office by e-mail when the first three have been posted.
The deadline for submission is July 1, 2023
Applications will be judged by the External Advisory Committee of the HRSMC. In case the Committee concludes that none of the submitted entries meets the standards of the Prize, it may decide not to award the Prize.