- Applications can be submitted twice a year, before April 1 and before October 1.
- Application are assessed by the HRSMC Research Committee. This Committee makes a final ranking and advises the HRSMC Board and Scientific Director. The final decision will be taken by the HRSMC Board and Scientific Director.
- Yearly, a budget of approximately 50 kEuro is available for the combined HRSMC Fellowships for experienced researchers and PhD students. The exact amount depends on the annual budget estimate and other HRSMC activities planned in a certain year. When in April 50 % of the available budget has not been granted completely, the remaining part will be added to the budget for applications in October. The HRSMC Board aims to spend the entire annual budget to high-quality applications. However, if the total annual budget is not completely used, the remainder will be transferred to the fellowship budget of the next year.
- When the actual visit is shorter than the proposed visit, the subsistence costs are adjusted proportionately.
- After granting, the visit should start within one year of date of approval. Exceptions can be requested by email. In all cases the visiting Fellow should be employed in her/his country during the visit.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO R.SCHEFFELAAR@UVA.NL, CC HRSMC-SCIENCE@UVA.NL